Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Accelerator Internship, Corporate - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518091BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 01/12/2018
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Disney Accelerator is designed to accelerate the growth of startups from around the world. Ten startups will be selected for a three-month mentorship and investment program that will immerse them in the media and entertainment business. The program begins in June and concludes with Demo Day in October.
The LA-based program is open to early and venture-backed tech startups with a vision for making an impact on the future of media and entertainment. The Disney Accelerator provides participating companies with investment capital, access to co-working space at Disney’s creative campus and mentor support and guidance from top Disney executives, entrepreneurs, investors and other notable business leaders from the entertainment and tech communities.
Since the Disney Accelerator started in 2014, companies from across the US, Europe and Asia have participated in building the future of media and entertainment with technologies, as diverse as robotics, AI, wearables, messaging and VR.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Work closely with participating startups across various strategic and tactical areas (e.g., business planning, market mapping, presentation drafting, financial modeling, market sizing, revenue and user forecasting, product road mapping, user research)
- Support the Disney Accelerator operation with aspects of operating the venue and program both logistically and functionally (e.g., scheduling, set up, hosting)
- Participate in tech community outreach
- Assist with key event operations (e.g., demo day, open house, speaker events)
- Prepare program materials
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly organized person
- Strong communication skills
- Comfort wearing multiple hats in a very flat organization
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Keynote
- Passion for startups, venture investing and technology
- Ability to develop financial models
- Ability to prepare presentation materials
Required EducationCurrently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
Preferred EducationRising junior or senior with strong academic performance at a top four-year university.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.