Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney's Yellow Shoes - Graphic Design Internship - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 873966BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Do you love uncovering the Big Idea? Do you enjoy the world of design and making memorable art that people connect with? Do you understand the craft of executing flawless photography and design? Do you have a hard-core PASSION for type? Do you “geek out” about logos, color theory, typography, font trends, design systems, brand identity and how to use them to connect with audiences in engaging ways? If this sounds like you, then you are who we want.
Disney Yellow Shoes, is the award-winning, in-house creative agency for all of the Disney Destinations Division lines of business. Every day, we have fun creating compelling, memorable work for one of the greatest brands on the planet, and we’re looking for a very talented, ambitious Graphic Design Intern to join us!
Responsibilities:As a Graphic Design Intern with Disney’s Yellow Shoes, You will work closely with senior creative leadership on a broad range of Disney Destinations campaign work. You will have the opportunity to show your design solution skills and creative thinking for a range of advertising mediums. Social and digital by design, we expect every intern to fully grasp the importance of thinking creatively in a tech-inspired world. You will also work in print, out-of-home and collateral. Solid, imaginative design skills, impeccable taste and an understanding of the production process is expected. To be successful as part of our team, strong conceptual ability, an open mind, and a passion to learn will take you very far.
As a Graphic Design Intern, you can expect to…
- Create visual design assets for Disney Theme Parks & Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani and Adventures by Disney and more
- Participate in ideation and strategy sessions along with senior creative leadership
- Do creative research – you’ll identify and share the latest trends in design, Photography, typography, illustration, printing techniques and other emerging media
- Explore design concepts and executions that push boundaries and improve the overall quality of all YS creative materials
- Create visual assets for in-house promotions, programs, or utilities used at Yellow Shoe’s corporate office
- Tackle logo design and development with keen awareness of current trends in logo and typography design
- Collaborate with other Designers on the team to best articulate Brand Voice consistency across all lines of business and media
- Assist Sr. Designers with large-scale projects by creating and editing minor assets used in one or more areas of the project
- Be a stickler for brand integrity and abiding by guidelines
- Assist in developing materials for creative/strategic presentations
- Create graphic branding assets to be used within digital and social channels associated with the Disney Destinations Group
- Be proactive and participate
Basic Qualifications:You bring…
- Strong proficiency in Adobe C-Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong technical proficiency working in a Mac environment
- Experience working in presentation creation software (Keynote)
- Working knowledge of an Advertising Agency and its processes or similar Graphic Design Creative environment
- Ability to work against a deadline; being self-managed and having grace under pressure.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or ideate independently
- Ability to interpret strategy and synthesize down to a simple but effective design solution
- Ability to deliver several creative ideas and receive/implement feedback
- Ability to deliver presentations to Sr. Creatives and the Yellow Shoes Director of Design
- Whip–smart with a hunger to dive in and absorb as much information as possible
- Reliability, with a positive “can-do” attitude. Readiness to be mentored and groomed for professional success
- Basic knowledge and interest in the Walt Disney Company history– including films, animation, television and theme parks
Preferred EducationCurrently earning a college/university degree is a minimum of a Junior in Graphic Design or closely related field
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Portfolio (Must be included as a ULR link on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered)
- Pinterest and/or Instagram Link(s) (Must be included on your resume)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship is located in Glendale, CA. Participants must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship. A remote work opportunity may be available.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 - June 2022. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.