Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney TV Animation Creative Development Intern - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737643BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
Disney TVA’s development team helps create animated content for Disney Channel and Disney+ by taking pitches from potential talent and working with show creators (both in and out of house) on their series ideas as they move from concept to pilot.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
We seek self-motivated candidates who are organized, passionate, and eager to work hard in a busy, friendly environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive reading and script coverage
- Assist in research for visual development
- Sitting in on pitches
- Data entry for pitch and talent logs
- Help organize team building events and department resources
- Shadowing creative executives on development projects
- Assisting with upcoming presentations, networking events, conventions, conferences, etc.
- Note taking in meetings and story sessions
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Passion for animation
- A knowledge and excitement for Disney TV Animation content and the Disney brand
- Comprehensive notetaking, strong critical thinking, and analytical writing skills
- An outgoing and proactive attitude
- Strong proficiencies in multitasking, time management, verbal communication, and talent relations
- Fresh and unique perspective on new materials
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Understanding of animation production
- Prior (external to school) internship within media/entertainment
- Major in Animation, Film, or a related discipline
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Skills in Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop)
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility:
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May - August
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.