Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney TV Animation Digital & Post Production Internship, Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 628697BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Feb. 05, 2019
Job Summary:We Are…
At Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG), you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
Join us for an opportunity to be a part of Disney Television Animation (DTVA). DTVA is an industry leader in the creation of animated television products for preschoolers, kids, and tweens. The studio brings programming and production expertise together under the same leadership as Disney Channel Worldwide.
DTVA’s Digital & Post Production team is involved in animation, visual effects, editorial, and post production aspects of animated series production.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
As the team’s intern, you will be involved with helping during the post/finishing end of the production of episodes. You will assist the effects artists and animators to track work, as well as assist the post supervisors in the finishing of episodes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and tracking notes on shots.
- Assisting with publicity requests, routing artwork to partners.
- Assisting with tracking of elements, through post process, to mastering.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Prior (external to school) internship experience in media/entertainment.
- Strong interest, career-wise, in film/television production.
- Proven strong organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Disney TV Animation content.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
- Previous (external to school) internship within post-production and/or production administration.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including strong proficiency with After Effects and Photoshop.
- Proficient with AVID.
- Proficient with Autodesk Maya.
- Background/experience in coding, Python preferred.
- Understanding of animation production.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May/June to August/September for the summer internship program.
- All candidates must be available to work Monday through Friday 40 hours/week in Glendale, CA.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.