Already applied?View Dashboard
Diversity & Inclusion ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 644805BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The mission of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Whether managing a theme park, building a cruise ship, producing a new toy, publishing a book, or creating an online adventure, we want to be able to give our fans and customers the best Disney experience possible. In the Diversity & Inclusion Manager role, you will help foster a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us innovate, tell the best stories, and stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. Reporting into the Manager of D&I, you will influence the business, talent, and culture by supporting the implementation of the D&I strategy across all lines of business and functions.
- Support the operationalization of the DPEP D&I Council through creating infrastructure, processes, and resources that will create efficiency and drive the segment D&I strategy
- Influence and collaborate with key stakeholders across all levels to develop project plans that may involve complex timelines and deliverables
- Serve as the liaison between the DPEP D&I Council and Business & Employee Resource Groups (BERG) leaders to ensure alignment and advance D&I priorities
- Advise and coach BERGs around strategic planning, leadership development, metrics, and initiatives that enhance their impact and efficiency.
- Develop and drive internal stakeholder communications in partnership with Internal Communications
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners, Learning & Development, Enterprise D&I, and other key stakeholders on internal/external development opportunities for employees
- Serve as trusted counsel to segment business leaders on D&I matters
- Partner with Enterprise D&I on studies, survey submissions, and award nominations such as Diversity Inc.’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity, HRC Corporate Equality Index, and other industry assessments
- Research D&I best practices, develop materials reflecting relevant findings, and present to varied audiences across the business.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple complex, high profile projects, ideally in a professional services environment (e.g. management consulting, law, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the research, best practices and trends in the D&I space
- Experience influencing stakeholders, including senior leaders, to drive strategies that build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Keynote skills a plus
- HR Change Management experience a plus.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.