DPEP Tech Content Strategy Intern Glendale Spring 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 700964BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 29/08/2019
The Content Strategy Design Intern will work alongside other content strategists, designers, copywriters, product owners, and developers to craft innovative experiences at the crossroads of our physical and digital worlds. Content strategy leverages data and analytics to strategize what content is needed to launch products/features on Disney sites and apps, where it should live, when the Guest should see it and the narrative story within it. The CS works closely with design (to inform the designs) and copywriting (to strategize and structure the content) and product (to ensure the content achieves the business goals). The work is varied and interesting and offers the candidate great insights into the entire digital creation and execution process.
- Leverage industry, business, Guest, product, and site research and analytics to guide content decisions on App and Web projects.
- Develop strategic ideas to inspire, shape, and create cogent and compelling narrative experiences on App and Web.
- Create, communicate, and direct the content strategy for a project with an eye toward branding, marketing, business goals, CS best practices, and Guest needs.
- Guide content creation, maintenance, management and governance of content for all assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain page inventories to document page-level information including URLs, keywords, page titles, copy notes, etc.
- Develop and maintain filter documentation that include the categories, dimensions and values of content entities, their relationships, and the rules governing filter displays.
- Collaborate with Copywriters/Editors to ensure the content achieves business goals and supports the Guest experience.
- Research and report on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for new or improved content experiences.
- Interest in the field of content strategy/content design/UX content strategy/product content strategy
- Demonstrated coursework in Content strategy, Usability, User Experience Design, Visual Design, Typography, Information Architecture, Color Theory, Layout, Composition, Interaction Design and User Research
- Solid understanding of web, mobile web and native apps (iOS and Android)
- A passion for data and the impact of design on the consumer
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and be able to both offer and accept feedback openly
- Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research and analytics
- Data analytics and research skills
- Writing and storytelling experience
- Digital development coursework or experience
- Marketing and/or branding coursework or experience
- Knowledge of current and emerging digital technologies and industry trends
Required EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of the internship start date) pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in Information Architecture, Human Computer Interaction, Web and Interaction Design, Content Strategy, User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, or related field.
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility Requirements:
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Must be available to work from approximately January 2020 to May 2020.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Glendale, CA.
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.