DPEP Tech Digital Design Intern Glendale Fall 2019
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 669687BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 21/05/2019
Job Summary:Reporting to the Site Manager and Email Manager. Selected candidate will be a member of shopDisney.com Digital Design team within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate and motivated to take on the responsibility of creating outstanding design that enhances the Guest shopping experience. Designer’s primary goal is to interpret marketing, promotional and merchandise strategies into compelling creative deliverables, while maintaining the brand aesthetic of shopDisney.
- Design app and web assets for mobile and desktop, digital ads and other assets that will be viewed by our audience across all marketing channels
- Design site assets for product and promotion updates
- Create weekly web design and marketing emails that effectively communicate the message and goals requested. Own full email cycle campaigns from ideation to execution.
- Create engaging social content for all social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter, etc…
- Collaborate with site merchants, buying team, marketing, planning and other cross-functional teams to support and develop creative that mirrors marketing objectives
- Collaborate with copywriters to incorporate messaging strategic call to action into design
- Skilled at image curation, visual storytelling, typography, layout, form and color
- Manage time wisely to allow for the independent, accurate design and production of multiple projects
- Knowledge of project management software such as JIRA
- Knowledge of UI/UX design and prototyping
- Understanding of digital marketing, web standards, best practices and Web 2.0
- Experience in web marketing, web design for ecommerce and development principles with a strong knowledge of Photoshop, HTML, and FTP
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere) Sketch, Invision
- Knowledge of Disney brand, stories, characters a plus
- Past experience working in retail or ecommerce for a lifestyle or fashion company a plus
- Objective point of view with design and keep project goals at the forefront of design
- Work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility
- Self-motivated mindset with ability to research and learn on the job
- Conceptual thinker with design sensibilities around user experience, infographics, typography, illustrations, etc.
- Concept and collaborate in brainstorm sessions in order to provide creative solutions to seasonal and tactical marketing campaigns
- Strong attention to detail and proactive problem-solver with ability to thrive in fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs
- A keen interest in website production visitor conversion, optimization, A/B testing and customer-driven products
- Must be an undergraduate student junior or senior standing or above (or recent graduate within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a in Design, Interactive Design, UI/UX or related field
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility Requirements:
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Must be available to work from approximately Aug/Sept 2019 - Dec 2019
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Glendale, CA.
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.