DPEP Tech Product Design Intern Glendale Spring 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 701826BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 04/09/2019
The Product Design Intern will work alongside other designers, product owners, and developers to craft innovative experiences at the crossroads of our physical and digital worlds.
- Design original, useful and elegant digital experiences with the highest quality possible for guests of Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide
- Approach work from a multidisciplinary, holistic perspective – apply a broad range of capabilities across the design discipline including user experience and interface design – to define and design complete product solutions
- Create detailed design specifications, journey maps, navigation flows, sketches, wireframes, visual compositions, redlines and interactive prototypes that are Guest-centric
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions within current and future projects
- Reflect our evolving design patterns in your work
- Interpret, infuse and leverage our unique brands and properties to deliver on high expectations from our guests
- Reflect our evolving design patterns in your work
- Partner with other designers and collaborate with cross-functional teams – including product management, technology and consumer insights – to take work from ideation to reality
- Portfolio presentation is expected, including URLs or samples that reflect work and role in the design process
- Demonstrated coursework in Usability, User Experience Design, Visual Design, Typography, Information Architecture, Color Theory, Layout, Composition, Interaction Design and User Research
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and be able to both offer and accept feedback openly
- A passion for data and the impact of design on the consumer
- Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research and analytics
- Working experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Adobe CC, Invision and Framer
- Skills in creating design deliverables including concept diagrams, user personas, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, design specifications, compositions, redlines and prototypes
- Solid understanding of web, mobile web and native apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience in the travel/hospitality industry
- Experience designing branded e-commerce and transactional experiences
- Experience in motion design and/or illustration
- Familiarity with front-end mobile engineering
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and JS/JQuery
Required EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of the internship start date) pursuing an advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Web and Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, or related design field
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall), or have graduated within the last 6 months prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability January 2020 - May 2020
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.