Editor, Disney Learning (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 752236BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Mar. 05, 2020
Responsibilities:Learning Best Practices:
- Apply knowledge of English language learning best practices to product development and review, across multiple media formats.
- Apply knowledge of multi-subject best practices to product development and review, across multiple media formats.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of franchise strategy across the company.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of franchise, character, world, and voice.
- Manage relationships and secure franchise approvals as needed.
- Provide curriculum and editorial direction on domestic and global licensee submissions, ensuring quality, accuracy, appropriateness, fulfillment of learning objectives, and proper inclusion of Disney franchises.
- Content Creation:
- Participate in ideating, brainstorming and creating proof-of-concept for new content.
- Manage development process for green-lit projects.
- Drive growth of Disney Learning by collaborating with licensees, external content developers, Art, Design, and Franchises to guide creation of compelling learning content for appropriate age and development levels.
- Establish and enforce editorial and branding guidelines for learning licensees.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in teaching or educational publishing
- Additional experience in teaching English and/or creating learning materials for teaching English
- Knowledge of Disney family of franchises
- Understanding of copyediting skills
- Knowledge of both digital and print publishing formats
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
- Patience and flexibility, and the ability to collaborate creatively with external and internal partners
- Experience with Disney English
- Experience with licensed publishing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.