Editor (RP)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773914BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
- Edit pools and/or book titles, which target a variety of ages
- Work with writers to develop story concepts, write manuscripts, provide editorial feedback, line edit, and develop art notes
- Share concepts with Manager to get studio and/or brand approvals
- Work with art and design team to take titles through layout, pencil, and paint passes; advise on all stages of the development process
- Hire writers and help build high-quality writer pool
- Attend check-in meetings with Manager
- Attend filmmaker story meetings for editorial reviews and art reviews
- Attend production meetings and additional team meetings
- Manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a team remotely
- Knowledge of publishing process and formats
- Understanding of editing, line editing, and copyediting
- 4+ years experience in children's publishing
- Familiarity with Disney/Pixar brands and licensed publishing a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word + Track Changes
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information:This is a Remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.