Already applied?View Dashboard
EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658930BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Publishing Worldwide is seeking an Editor for their Disney Press business. This Editor will lead up to 1 film program per year and lead the publishing plan creation of 15-20 titles for an ongoing franchise annually.
- Brainstorm new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed
- Hire writers and contribute to building up high-quality writer pool
- Edit books that target a variety of ages including board books, picture books, classic storybook art pools, chapter books, middle grade, YA, and coloring & activity pools
- Manage creation of spot art pools, cover pools, design guidelines, toolkits, and/or editorial guidelines
- Review all global and vertical book titles and covers created for your program or franchise
- Attend filmmaker, studio, or brand meetings for editorial and art reviews as needed
- Attend production meetings and additional team meetings as needed
- Partner with senior editor to brainstorm global pub plans across licensees and within Disney Book Group
- Prepare P&Ls, create ISBNs, write fact sheets and metadata, and attend acquisitions for necessary vertical titles
- Plan for quarterly solicitations
- Work with senior editor, licensing, and global operations to confirm book titles
- Prepare presentations for Bologna/London and franchise meetings
- Present pub plans as necessary internally and externally
- Review, approve, and/or comment on online pub planning for your film program or franchise
- Review, approve, and/or comment on North America titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA for your film program or franchise
- Manage the review of Global titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA for your film program or franchise
- Global Editorial meeting
- Weekly meetings with senior editor
- Production meetings
- Creative meetings
- Sales Conference
- Acquisitions Meeting
- Cover Concept
- North America and global licensee visits
- Other Walt Disney Company meetings
- Strong skills in editing children’s books.
- Understanding of copyediting skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of publishing process and formats required.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in children’s publishing.
- Familiarity with Disney brands and licensed publishing a plus.
- Relevant editing coursework or equivalent experience
- Bachelors of Art Degree in Communications, Journalism, or New Media
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.