EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734042BR Location Glendale, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Dec. 19, 2019
Marvel Press, a part of Disney Publishing Worldwide, is looking for an Editor. This role will be responsible for creating stories and pools for our licensees to utilize in their markets across the globe. The main focus will be on creating storybook content, but will also include prose, picture books, color & activity, and more.
Responsibilities will include working with our art and design teams to bring stories to life, working with our franchise managers within both Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment, and will work very closely with key licensees and worldwide territory managers in addition to our internal Creative Operations team.
This position will report to the Disney Publishing Worldwide executive editor responsible for the Marvel Press business. They’re located in Glendale, CA, and this position will exist in either Glendale, CA or New York, NY.
- Partner with editorial team to brainstorm global pub plans
- Plan for quarterly solicitations
- Work with editorial, licensing, and global operations teams to confirm book titles
- Prepare presentations for international trade shows, meetings with publishers, and franchise meetings
- Present pub plans as necessary internally and externally
- Brainstorm new stories, series, concepts and themes
- Hire writers and contribute to building up high-quality writer pool
- Edit books that target a variety of ages and formats
- Manage creation of pools: coloring & activity, spot art, covers, guidelines, toolkits
- Manage reviews of interiors and covers from licensees
- Attend filmmaker, studio, or brand meetings for editorial and art reviews
- Attend production meetings and additional team meetings
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in children’s publishing
- Exceptional skills in editing children’s books
- Understanding of copyediting skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of publishing process and formats required
- Familiarity with Marvel brands and licensed publishing a plus
Preferred Qualifications:The ideal candidate has experience in licensed publishing for younger readers, a strong knowledge of the Marvel brand, and will bring combined patience and flexibility with the ability to collaborative creatively with various talent and publishers.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.