Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Editorial Internship, Corporate Communications - Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 531678BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 03/07/2018
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
The Editorial Intern works closely with the editorial team and will perform, to some degree, all the functions of a member of the staff. On any given day, the editorial intern may do anything from calendaring and research to writing and publishing stories using the WordPress CMS. The editorial intern will also attend all brainstorming and editorial meetings and work as a colleague to the staff.
Specific tasks include:
- Works with Senior Manager, Editorial, Graphics and Digital teams to determine rollout, timing and consistency of content.
- Creates curates and deploys digital-based content. Assists in researching, writing and editing content as needed.
- Works with Editorial, Video, and Graphics teams, as well as other business units to develop content.
- Collaborates with business units and Walt Disney Archives to source content-worthy photos and content.
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Proven writing and editing abilities.
- Quick learner who can take direction, work under pressure and operate as part of a team.
- Extremely detailed and highly organized.
- High sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels.
- Basic familiarity with HTML and Content Management Systems (WordPress, Jive and GoPublish/Content Editor experience a big plus).
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other-image editing software.
- Experience with HTML and Content Management Systems (WordPress, Jive and GoPublish/Content Editor)
- Familiarity with the Walt DIsney Company products and brands.
Required EducationCurrently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduated within the past six months with a major in English, communications, journalism, or closely related field.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation to the Glendale, CA area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample as part of the interview process.