Already applied?View Dashboard
Electrical Designer SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 614446BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 21, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for electrical design of power and lighting systems and controls, fire alarm systems, communication systems, HVAC controls and the preparation of construction drawings for an individual facility/attraction, area development, land, or theme park project.
- With minimal supervision, responsible for electrical design for an attraction of medium complexity
- Able to organize a comprehensive electrical construction drawing package in accordance with department and division standards
- Monitor progress of work and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination and production requirements are met
- Monitor performance against the project design schedule, budget and earned value.
- Become completely familiar with electrical sections of WDI master specifications
- Prepare designs in support of construction contract document production
- Ensure technical quality and conformance to department standards and procedures
- May provide technical guidance to one or more junior electrical designers in the production of construction contract documents
- May assist in developing soft cost design estimates for electrical design and drafting
- Works independently with minimum supervision, and able to thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline project team environment
- 6 or more years of work experience in the production and use of electrical engineering contract documents for commercial or industrial projects
- Working knowledge of electrical building systems design including industry practices, construction methods and materials, codes, current technology and the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design and construction
- Proficient in the use of Revit MEP and other CAD platforms for electrical design, production and analysis
- Some knowledge of electrical power load calculations
- Graduate of an accredited school with an Associate degree, technical certification in electrical design, graduate from a trade school in the field of electrical design or contracting, or graduate of a non-accredited engineering school
- Active membership in IEEE, IES, or IAEI is desirable
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.