Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Engineering and Infrastructure Intern-Corporate Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 520876BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 01/24/2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of projects
- Field data collection and testing, evaluation and development of technical solutions for MEP systems
- Collaboration with fellow engineers, technicians, managers, sub-contractors and crafts personnel
- Condition assessment and preparation of single lines for electrical and HVAC
- Support the making of databases for proper CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) programs
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD, able to read schematic and construction drawings
- Background in project management
- Background in Facility Management
- Experience working with electrical/HVAC system design
Required EducationRequired Education:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field
- Pursuing a Master’s of Science in Engineering or Construction Management or a closely related field
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019
- Able to provide own housing and transportation
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Available to work in Burbank, Los Angeles or Glendale,CA
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age