Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Enterprise Controllership Intern - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615610BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 27, 2018
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We currently have an opportunity for an Undergraduate Intern to work with our Studio Controllership team for the summer.
Studio Controllership is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
Our Intern will perform the same work that a typical Financial Analyst would perform. This would include data gathering, data analysis, and account reconciliations. Our Intern will be assigned specific quarter-close responsibilities. Additionally, the intern will work with the external auditors to help with our year-end audit.
- Liaise with home entertainment business partners for all accounting inquiries including providing technical accounting guidance for new business initiatives
- Analyze and prepare various home entertainment accruals:
- Review and consolidate accounts receivable schedules
- Prepare various account reconciliations:
- Work on various ad-hoc reporting and projects for Senior Management
- Prepare and submit requests related to SOX compliance and quarter/year-end financial audits
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records and efficiency of our processes
- The student should know how to use Excel and have the ability and desire to learn.
- We will teach the student how to use SAP and any analysis work that is required.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting being completed in the next one to two years.
- CPA candidate preferred
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program OR recently graduated within the last 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.