Executive Assistant, Business Affairs (DBT)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10049657 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted May 23, 2023
Disney TV Animation is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the VP, Business Affairs, and other Business Affairs Executives. This role may also provide occasional departmental administrative support, as needed. The Assistant will be a key member of a fast-paced team that makes deals to develop, produce, and license content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and calls, and understand the day’s priorities for the best use of time
- Manage phone calls, written correspondence and emails and facilitate execution and distribution of various talent, development, and series agreements
- Interface directly with other executives and their support teams
- Handle confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company
- Draft letters, emails, memos, reports, spreadsheets, short form agreements, and other related correspondence
- Review contracts and assist in preparing/redlining/editing/proofing of documents
- Compile and curate status, tracking, and summary reports
- Prepare expense reports, make travel arrangements, order office supplies, organize and file
- Research past projects and credits of actors, directors, producers, and writers
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs and soft skills like teamwork
- 2+ years of professional administrative experience supporting an executive in entertainment
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills – particularly phone skills and email etiquette
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information
- Strong proficiency with computers, phones, and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs and working in a Windows environment
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances, and encourage people to want to work with you
- Motivation to be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked
- Very strong organizational and time management skills and extreme attention to detail
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook, and a can-do attitude
- 3+ years experience at a studio, network, talent agency, management company, or entertainment law firm
- Experience with Salesforce-type databases and apps as well as SAP/Concur
- Experience with managing execution of documents (e.g. DocuSign)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $46,600 to $64,130 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.