Executive Assistant – ControllershipApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731298BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
You will work alongside a team of talented finance professionals and have a front row seat to producing the company’s financial filings and preparing senior leaders for earning calls. The Corporate Controllership group supports complex business transactions and mergers, manages various financial systems, future systems strategies, and oversees enterprise wide internal controls. Controllership is a centrally organized function that provides leaders with important financial information to manage their business and achieve business strategies.
Corporate Controllership has financial reporting oversight across the four business segments: Direct to Consumer and International, Studio Entertainment, Media Networks and Parks, Experiences and Products as well as supporting traditional corporate functions such as investor relations, legal, human resources, strategic planning.
Additionally, the Controller oversees enterprise controllership employee programs such as mentoring, training and career development. We develop and deliver employee specific programs, and this position has an opportunity to support these events and programs.
This role gives you an opportunity to learn about the business and be part of an amazing creative company. This is a fast paced dynamic environment. Teamwork is critical to our success as we partner with a variety of senior stakeholders across the company. Our clients are the C-suite executives of the company.
- Redefine and evolve the back-office processes so that Controller’s capacity and effectiveness is maximized
- Conserve executives time by reading, researching and routing or resolving open correspondence; drafting memos and documents; collecting and analyzing information
- Prepare leader for meetings by familiarizing yourself with the relevant topic or project, researching and organizing materials, addressing action items, communicating with meeting participants
- Advance projects led by the Controller including doing follow up with staff members, preparing meeting notes associated with critical projects and work efforts, prepare regular report-outs on status of projects
- Work collaboratively with other senior executives and their staff on processes such as Audit Committee presentation, quarter close deliverables, managing logistics for meetings, events and training classes
- Assist in the preparation of materials for audit committee meetings and plan and schedule associated meetings
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how support the leader and handle urgent matters, direct phone calls or email requests;
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms, and video chats
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company
- Prepare general reconciliations of accounts and vendor billings, prepare routine reports, monitor compliance reports for T&E and purchasing
- The ideal candidate is intelligent, with exceptional service ethic, excellent communication skills and a proactive can-do attitude. You anticipate issues and take actions to remedy. You hate status quo and are keen on making process improvements. You can confidently communicate with senior leaders and their office members; prepare executive meeting materials including agendas, presentations and logistics; gracefully navigate complex calendaring. You know how to prioritize and deliver results; you are someone who enjoys being connected and moving things forward. You are resourceful, confident and thorough, and no details get missed.
- At least 3 years supporting a senior executive preferably in a large dynamic environment
- Strong technical proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Concur, and video conferencing technology
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.