Executive Assistant, Disney+ Digital MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 772323BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services — ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu — alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
This position reports to, and provides executive support for, the SVP, Digital Marketing.
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of (name segment, like ESPN) and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Manages schedule, calendar and meetings for the VP of Marketing and the department as needed
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Occasionally creates PowerPoint presentations and other presentations using MS Office Suite;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
- Plan large off-sites and team-building activities;
- Enjoy some of the Disney benefits, including discounts and free entrance to our Parks worldwide!
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting a Vice President and/or equivalent experience;
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent and professional phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- Extremely comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Ability to simultaneously handle individual tasks while maintaining perspective on the bigger picture
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively with other executives, assistants, and staff at all levels
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Proactive in thinking of ways to improve productivity and efficiency
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule. Some overtime required
- SAP experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
- Previous Executive support experience in a digital environment
- Experience working with International territories and time zones preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or Equivalent experience
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.