Executive Assistant, Disney Financial SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 858736BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that supports The Walt Disney Company Financial Systems and their Burbank-Glendale client base. DFS is a centrally organized function that provides leaders with important financial information to manage their business and achieve numerous business strategies. You would be and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the Vice President of Disney Financial Systems and supporting two DFS Directors along with team support of approximately 60 team members.
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support as per the functions noted above and your support is critical to ensuring the leaders success. It goes without saying that there will significant calendar jockeying and coordination with other senior executive assistants, supporting financial close processes, preparing presentations for team meetings and coordinate team events. Attention to detail is a must to ensure accuracy and that the team stays on schedule and produces high quality deliverables. Having a can-do attitude, being a good problem solver and described as a real go-getter makes you ideal for this role. The relationship you form with the executive team you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s client base and a good grasp of the various Technology, Finance and Controllership leadership teams, as well as a reasonable acumen of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office and a key component of role success. Every day will be different! On any given day you might:
- Prepare leader for meetings by familiarizing yourself with the relevant topic and project, addressing action items, communicating with meeting participants to advance the work. Immerse yourself into the DFS team and work so that you can inform your executives when you see something he/she should know;
- Interface directly with other executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time to think, to prepare, to travel to their next meeting;
- Work hand-in-hand and form a strong partnership with other assistants.
- Screening and routing phone calls, arranging conference calls/web-based meetings,
- managing calendars and contact lists (including scheduling meetings and calls across time zones requiring significant coordination and follow up),
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how support the leader and handle urgent matters, direct phone calls or email requests;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Maintaining organization systems, daily and extensive mail sorting, ordering supplies, photocopying, scanning, and mailing documents;
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders, prepare organization charts;
- Starting VTC or conference call meetings. If hosting or joining a group meeting, having the technology ready in advance to jump right into the meeting
- Providing general office and small kitchen supplies management support to the team
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions
- Coordinating and supporting the planning of on-site and off-site events and meetings, managing special projects and events as needed
- Book travel, create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- At least 3 years supporting an entertainment executive and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Concur, and working in a Windows environment
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Possess the willingness and ability to identify opportunities and resolve problems independently and demonstrate good judgment in the handling of issues with a sense of urgency
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a large Studio or public corporation; and
- Understanding of what technology and finance teams do, aptitude for quantitative assignments
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.