Executive Assistant (Disney Television Animation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 805129BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Jun. 02, 2021
- Support the VP of Development and two additional Creative Executives by managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, screening and prioritizing all incoming phone calls, meeting requests, ordering supplies, coordinating travel, managing and tracking expense reports and coordinating department off-sites and events
- Responsible for meeting set-up, and follow-up: preparing creative materials, booking rooms, test and set up all IT needs, arranging catering, documenting notes as needed, and coordinating follow-up items to completion
- Assist the development team with coverage on incoming materials (reading scripts, books, show pitches, etc)
- Preparing decks for internal and external creative presentations, including editing clips and mocking up creative materials
- Responsible for updating the department project report, talent lists, pitch logs and overall organization of all development materials
- Develop familiarity with all projects in development and talent involved with each project
- Manage and track all incoming pitches, logging for records as needed
- Track talent currently staffed in house and flagging for availability / awareness
- Assist teammates in the set up/execution of all networking mixers, panels, and presentation
- Tracking kids media and literature trends. Staying current with industry-related news
- Attend staff meetings, participate as needed, and follow through as necessary
- Assist with any special projects as needed
- 1 year of experience as an administrative assistant, entertainment, network or talent agency or comparable experience
- Passion for kids programming
- Knowledge of pop culture and current trends with a heavy focus on animation, comics, graphic novels, and new media
- The ability to provide comprehensive story coverage, breaking down elements of story and character
- Able to communicate with professionalism with all levels of executives, management, and staff, including high-level entertainment industry talent, agents, vendors, and with a diverse set of personalities and work styles
- Self-motivated, highly organized and excellent follow through
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy
- Must be creative minded, innovative, solutions-oriented and efficient
- Demonstrated ability to partner well with others and build strong, effective relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Keynote, and Final Draft
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience that would approximate this level of professionalism
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.