Executive Director, Product Management
Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 948479BR Location Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 24, 2022
Job Summary:The consumer experiences and product strategy team is seeking a strategic product leader with strong influencing and communication skills and deep expertise leading digital products and consumer experiences. This leader will oversee a diverse portfolio of products with the goals of driving innovation, commercialization, and digital engagement for the business. This leader will champion change by ensuring goals are met through a combination of strong product strategy, new innovations, data analysis, process improvements, passionate execution, and accountability.
This role will work with high-performing, cross-functional teams to develop strategic product roadmaps and deliver business impact. This individual will have strong experience in team leadership, exceptional partner management skills, and will bring a deep understanding of the interplay between product, engineering, design, and the business to evolve capabilities through partnerships and long-term product planning. Embracing innovations in consumer experiences, digital products, and technology will be critical to success leading this organization.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader and a skilled cross-functional collaborator, with experience in digital media and/or consumer-oriented technology services. The role requires a solid foundation in product management, strategic leadership, team management, and the ability to rapidly synthesize complex information and drive strategic alignment across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Lead a diverse portfolio of web, app, and/or connected TV products across a range of monetization models and goals
- Infuse innovation into product organization through market scanning, exploration and prototyping informed by consumer trends and behavior and new technologies (e.g. Web 3.0, gamification of consumer engagement, digital experiences & worlds)
- Strategic and product oversight over the process and underlying platforms that enable this work, and manage a team of product managers to build and maintain the products and platforms
- Establish systematic processes across the portfolio to drive long term roadmaps, new initiatives, and ongoing development of priority features and capabilities for each product
- Budget oversight of a multi-million dollar portfolio, and continuous analysis to improve OI and revenue opportunities
- Manage partnerships and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives
- Identify and lead comprehensive cross-product strategies and product improvements
- Lead complex strategic and operational projects with cross-functional partners; drive to implementation and delivery of results
- Drive overall product vision and go-to-market strategy for the portfolio; bring clarity of thought to effectively structure, communicate, and ensure alignment on strategies and plans
- 10+ years’ experience in the media industry, preferably with experience in digital products or digital media.
- 7+ years’ experience in product management, product operations, and/or project management
- Experience driving product development, including experience navigating day-to-day decisions and trade-offs
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast-paced environment while navigating a complex organizational structure.
- Passion for innovation in consumer experiences and emerging technologies
- Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker; effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
Required EducationBS/BA in Computer Science, Marketing, Entertainment, Business, Media, or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.