Executive Director, Software EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 974908BR Location Glendale, California, United States / Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The leader must establish strong, collaborative, and productive partnerships with business and product leaders while being a strategic thinker on key aspects of product design and engineering architecture. This leader will be responsible for developing organizational-level goals, driving the technical and organizational roadmap, overseeing execution and delivery, and staying up to date on current and future technology trends in the industry and applying those methods to solve the problems of the business. The position requires a senior presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Track record of delivery in rapidly changing, highly collaborative, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience leading global technology teams with direct report responsibility
- Experience in managing operational and/or financial budgets, including the managing of 3rd party vendors and/or software providers.
- Broad knowledge across entire technical stack - Mobile, Web, Backend, Infrastructure
- Experience with Video Delivery at scale as well as advanced and emerging technologies such as AI, ML, CV, AR/VR, etc
- Deep experience in software design and architecture.
- Deep experience building applications on modern cloud platforms.
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and project management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance short and long-term work streams
- Demonstrated experience leading work of others.
- Ability to quickly interpret and synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop insights and recommendations
- Ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills, with ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- Experience working at the enterprise level in technology
- High EQ and professional maturity, with demonstrated ability to engage at an executive level
Can be based in Bristol, Seattle, Glendale or New York City
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and minimum of 10 years of industry experience.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.