Executive Director, Technology (KABC-Los Angeles)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727528BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
The Executive Director at KABC will oversee the operations and maintenance functions of technical personnel, equipment, infrastructure, and building facilities to ensure a smooth and efficient operation for broadcast, production and NexGen endeavors. This person will also assist the Division Technology team in the development of long-term goals and action plans to ensure smooth implementations of new technologies to meet company-wide goals.
- Operate KABC in compliance with all FCC OSHA and FAA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures
- Oversee the management and development of KABC technology personnel
- Facilitate short and long-term technical projects to insure proper execution and implementation
- Assist Division Technology in the development of long-term goals and action plans to ensure smooth implementations of new technologies to meet company-wide goals.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex equipment used in daily operation including equipment associated with broadcast operations, network infrastructure, transmission facilities, production control rooms, etc.
- Develop and manage operational budgets and maintain proper documentation.
- Minimum of 8 years of technical management experience working in a broadcast facility
- Proven experience in leading a diverse team of technologists to set and accomplish organizational goals
- Effectively managing complex projects and operational budgets
- Strong IT based skills, networking and IP video distribution infrastructure, with knowledge of SMPTE 2110 and SMPTE 2022 beneficial.
- RF experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of planning, technical design, construction, maintenance and operation of all aspects of broadcast facilities.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills with the ability to direct and motivate the technical staff and work well with all station departments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.