Executive Editor - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 825244BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 29, 2021
- Manage an editorial team
- Manage reoccurring editor(s)
Global Publishing Planning
- Plan and manage part of Disney Publishing Worldwide global editorial plan
- Create and present publishing plans
- Plan for quarterly solicitations and yearly list close
- Attend global licensee meetings, develop relationships
- Work across CPGP to develop ideas and relationships
- Brainstorm new stories, series, formats as needed
- Hire writers and contribute to building up high-quality writer pool
- Edit storybook pools and book titles, which target a variety of ages
- Manage creation of spot art pools, C&A pools, cover pools, and tool kits
- Review creative content from other editorial teams
- Review, approve, and/or comment on online publishing planning
- Review, approve, and/or comment on titles, covers, and marketing information in OPA
- Attend and lead creative development meetings
- Maintain and foster relationships and workflow with stakeholders, internal and external
- 7+ years of experience in the editorial segment, with a deep knowledge of children’s publishing
- Experience directly managing an editorial team
- Exceptional planning skills
- Proven ability to work under rapid development and changes
- Track record of executing quality content on time and on budget
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The position also requires excellent relationship and collaboration skills, professionalism, negotiation and problem solving, and the ability to work effectively at all levels of a multi-level organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in languages, literature, art or philosophy
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.