Executive Secretary, DPEP Human ResourcesApply NowApply Later Job ID 825227BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 12, 2021
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The mission of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Whether managing a theme park, building a cruise ship, producing a new toy, publishing a book, or creating an online adventure, we want to be able to give our fans and customers the best Disney experience possible.
This position currently reports to the Director HR and Director Employee Relations.
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. Our HR teams supports DPEP cast, crew and Imagineers. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executive(s) flourish. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you understand the mission of the office;
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely;
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
- Plan high-profile, complex events like movie premiers, product launches and offsites as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as service recognition parties;
- Take advantage of all of the Disney benefits, including discounts and free entrance to our Parks worldwide!
- At least 5 years supporting a Director or above and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, good skills in SAP, SharePoint and Concur;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Confidence to learn new programs when necessary;
- Complete reliability handling confidential information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of working with global time zones.
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company.
- High school degree
- Bachelor’s degree
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.