Executive Secretary, DPEP Human ResourcesApply NowApply Later Job ID 974464BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The mission of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Whether managing a theme park, building a cruise ship, producing a new toy, publishing a book, or creating an online adventure, we want to be able to give our fans and customers the best Disney experience possible.
This position currently reports to the Director HR and Director Employee Relations
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. Our HR teams supports DPEP cast, crew and Imagineers. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executive(s) flourish. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you understand the mission of the office;
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely;
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
- Plan high-profile, complex events like offsites as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as service recognition parties;
- At least 5 years of administrative experience supporting Managers or above;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, good skills in SAP, Sharepoint and Concur;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Confidence to learn new programs when necessary;
- Complete reliability handling confidential information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of working with global time zones
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company;
Required EducationHigh school degree
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.