Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Finance Intern, Walt Disney Imagineering (CA) – Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 677680BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 26, 2019
Job Summary:Who we are…
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, cruise ships, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects. Imagineering is headquartered in Glendale, California, with affiliated offices and facilities at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida; as well as satellite branches at every Disney theme park location around the world.
The WDI Finance Intern will be responsible for maintaining financial reports, monitoring and controlling costs and budgets, tracking commitments both internal and 3rd party consultants and contractors, preparing budgets and performing financial sensitivity analysis where appropriate. The intern will assist in the development and monitoring of key internal controls, and develop working relationships with internal customers and understand their core business.
- Maintaining accurate financial information and developing basic financial models for performance and trend analysis
- Identifying financial issues and presenting analyses in a format that clearly communicates results for management evaluation
- Understanding accounting impacts to areas of responsibility that could affect financial performance
- Interfacing and building rapport with project /department team members, management, and internal/external partners
- Promoting financial controls throughout the organization
- Developing financial analysis to influence value added decisions
- Developing alternatives/proposals for process improvements
- Working with the project team to establish budgets, costing strategies, and maintain EFC’s (estimated final costs)
- Setting up and maintaining WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Providing regular reporting and analysis management (e.g. cash flow analysis and forecasting, completion cost reporting, AOP)
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment including functional groups outside of the department
- Organized individual with initiative willing to take a creative approach and work on assigned projects independently
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with creative thinking and fast turnaround production
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work with deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- SAP experience
- Business Intelligence Software (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher or graduated within the last 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other business/quantitative equivalent
- Recent graduates or current student of junior or senior standing willing to commit to six month internship
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full time work availability for from August/September 2019 through January 2020.
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work location in Glendale, CA.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.