Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715868BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Theatrical Accounting, the Financial Accounting Analyst (FAA) will be responsible for various key functions that support the quarter-close and year-end close processes. The FAA will be responsible for the calculation, analysis, and presentation of various accruals. In addition, the FAA will work with our Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Disney divisions, including Corporate Controllership, Treasury and Tax.
- Liaise with theatrical business partners such as Finance and Sales for all accounting inquiries
- Analyze and prepare various theatrical accruals such as marketing accruals
- Review and consolidate accounts receivable schedules
- Prepare and analyze overhead cost schedules and variance analysis
- Prepare various account reconciliations:
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepaid Assets
- Accounts Payable
- Work on various ad-hoc reporting and projects for Senior Management
- Prepare and submit requests related to SOX compliance and quarter/year-end financial audits
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records and efficiency of our processes
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 1-2 years accounting experience of public or private accounting experience
Required EducationBachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.