Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 875017BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with management within the Controller’s Group of the Disney Media Entertainment Distribution (“DMED”). The Controller’s Group oversees the accounting, consolidation, and reporting functions for the Broadcast and Cable Divisions of DMED. The Broadcast Division consists of the ABC Television Network, Owned Television Stations, and Domestic and International TV Distribution. The Cable Division consists of Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, FX Networks and National Geographic.
Responsibilities:This position, reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting (DMED Marketing), is a core financial accounting role, responsible for the following key functions mainly supporting our Cable divisions:
- Process Accounts Payable invoices for DMED Marketing spend
- Day-to-day general ledger activities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with The Walt Disney Company (“TWDC”)accounting policies and procedures
- Research and prepare explanations for income statement and balance sheet variances for DMED’s TV Networks
- System Implementation: User access testing and integration for DMED’s new segment-wide Marketing system, M360, including budget reflows, track spend and EFC’s for new media, invoice processing, and actuals reporting
- Provide monthly and quarterly close assistance for other accounting team members
- Work closely with Finance and Operations to develop and refine relevant processes and improve efficiencies
- Assist management with ad hoc requests/special projects
- Review and update business process procedures
- 1-2 years of month-end close, general ledger accounting, and reporting experience
- Effective in managing competing priorities with high attention-to-detail and follow-through with current/ongoing issues to completion
- Ability to adapt quickly, learn new tasks independently, and thrive in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Growth-oriented, collaborative, and dedicated team player
- High proficiency in Excel
- SAP and Cognos experience a plus
- Knowledge of SOX, compliance and policies and procedures
- B.S. in Finance/Accounting or related major
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.