Financial Accounting Analyst - Stage PlaysApply NowApply Later Job ID 876358BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
The DTP Accounting team is part of Enterprise Financial Services and is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. The DTP Accounting team records, reports, and analyzes DTP’s wide variety of revenues, expenses, and KPIs. We support the decision-making process while earning confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
We are searching for innovative team members who are flexible and agile to meet the needs of our changing business. Ideal candidates will be curious and teachable. They will be passionate about getting it right in all aspects of their role and will collaborate with and support business partners, clients, and leaders. Candidates will be observant and will proactively seek opportunities for efficiency, innovation, and continual process improvements. They will be willing to share those creative ideas with others.
Disney Theatrical Production (DTP) Accounting is seeking a Financial Accounting Analyst (FAA) who will focus on P&L management/financial reporting for the New Amsterdam theatre, union payment calculations, Merchandise vendor payments, and more. As a FAA, you’ll report to the Manager of Stage Plays Accounting, work closely with other Analysts and Senior Analysts on the team, and collaborate with partners across various departments, including Finance, Operations, HR and Production Accounting.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a very keen attention to detail. You should be able to understand moderately complex issues and clearly/concisely communicate results. You’ll need to develop relationship with various team members, both in and out of Accounting. You’ll have opportunities to identify and implement process improvements (and we welcome them!). If you are interested in the live entertainment industry, Disney Theatrical Production Accounting may be the place for you!
- Prepare quarterly P&L and assist the SFAA in the analysis of the results
- Record weekly merchandise sales information
- Reconcile and record credit card, cash and customer receipts
- Calculate and record talent royalty obligations
- Reconcile tax liabilities and report to tax department
- Pay Merchandise and other Misc. invoices
- Request new vendor set ups and respond to occasional vendor inquiries
- Work with merchandise manager to resolve cash discrepancies and credit card disputes
- Reconcile merchandise inventory accounts in SAP to front of house system
- Assist in quarterly account reconciliations
- Assist in annual contractual audit of New Amsterdam theatre
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Understand and execute internal controls around job functions
- Collaborate and work as a team with peers and business partners
- Provide support, and assist with ad hoc requests/special projects for team objectives
- 0 to 3 years accounting experience
- Ability to prioritize workload and escalate conflicting priorities
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals (e.g. debit/credits, financial statements)
- Complete moderately complex to complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Adaptability and flexibility for changing needs and audiences
- Ability to handle sensitive payroll, talent, and vendor information with care.
- Fundamental Excel experience
- Prior experience with or knowledge of SAP a plus, but not required
- Intermediate Excel knowledge with ability to use pivot and lookup tables
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or more than 2 years relevant experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.