Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial Analyst (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700334BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The position will be responsible for maintaining financial reports, monitoring and controlling costs and budgets, tracking commitments both internal and 3rd party consultants and contractors, preparing budgets and performing financial sensitivity analysis where appropriate.
Will assist in the development and monitoring of key internal controls. Will develop working relationships with internal customers and understand their core business.
- Maintain accurate financial information and develop basic financial models for performance and trend analysis
- Identify financial issues and present analyses in a format that clearly communicates results for management evaluation
- Understand accounting impacts to areas of responsibility that could affect financial performance
- Interface and build rapport with project /department team members, management, and internal/external customers
- Ensure compliance with Company financial policies
- Analyze complex journal entries which can have a significant impact
- Develop alternatives/proposals for process improvements
- Project Finance Analyst for one or more projects
- Work with the project team to establish budgets and costing strategies
- Setup and maintenance of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Approve project commitments and audit project activity
- Work with project team to maintain EFC’s (estimated final costs)
- Ownership of budgets and EFC’s for staffing plans, general requirements, capitalized interest, and sales/use tax
- Oversee the invoice payment process
- Provide regular reporting and analysis management (e.g. cash flow analysis and forecasting, completion cost reporting, AOP)
- 0 to 2 years experience in a financial related field
- Possess an understanding of financial controls (e.g., budgeting, forecasting)
- Demonstrated knowledge of business acumen and GAAP
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment with spreadsheets, databases and presentation software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a flexible team environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and multiple functional disciplines
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing computer applications and must have a conceptual understanding of integrated financial systems
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Project/construction accounting experience
- Theme park/attractions construction experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.