Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 657970BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:This is a unique opportunity to join the finance team supporting the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment with a focus on the Consumer Products (CP) business.
The Division Finance team is a fast-paced, dynamic team with responsibilities for division-wide financial planning, quarterly and annual earnings forecasting, long range planning, monitoring of division/business unit operating performance, franchise planning and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations to inform division Senior Management regarding forecasted financial performance and business trends.
Responsibilities:This position is ideal for a candidate who possesses strong analytical and technical capabilities and is looking to build process management skills. Across all responsibilities, the Financial Analyst will be challenged to develop and improve processes and models.
Responsibilities include supporting the following key functions:
- Consolidation, analysis, and review of Domestic and International forecast submissions from each of the lines of business
- Drive process efficiencies by leveraging Cognos planning tool and other offline tools
- Create detailed analysis for presentations and reporting packages to CP and DPEP Senior Management teams
- Assist with forecasting cost functions, allocations and headcount
- Work with finance teams outside of CP to develop deep understanding of allocations sent to CP
- Create ad-hoc analysis for the CFOs and Executive teams
- Minimum 1-2 years of robust financial analysis in fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated ability to create executive level deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of finance and accounting is a must
- Extensive experience in Excel and PowerPoint required (Experience with data consolidation tools (Cognos, SAP) preferred)
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, demonstrated experience in building relationships with teams, and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Self-starter who excels in a team environment and who challenge the status quo by continually searching for opportunities to improve internal processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical discipline
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.