Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 547966BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 27, 2018
Job Summary:The Financial Analyst role will be part of the Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) Finance team which supports the ideation, design, production, and construction of projects within the WDI organization through the development of critical planning processes, such as the Annual Operating Plan and labor resource plans.
The position will be responsible for supporting all WDI forecasting & planning (F&P) activities, including consolidating of studio financials (actuals, forecasts & AOP), creating variance analyses, assisting with leadership and execution of company resource planning, preparing budgets and financial reporting, monitoring and controlling costs and budgets, help in leading the development and testing of F&P systems, ensuring key internal control processes are being adhered to, information is accurate and communicated to leaders on a timely basis, and developing working relationships with multiple internal customers to understand their core businesses.
- Develop, coordinate, and consolidate key financial processes (Annual Operating Plan and Forecasts, labor resource planning)
- Responsible for analyzing actual financial results and providing summary variance analyses to finance and company leadership
- Prepare and maintain detailed financial reports using a variety of systems and applications
- Build financial models and other spreadsheet tools to analyze key performance indicators, develop budgets & forecasts, analyze cost trends, and perform ad hoc analyses
- Assist development, testing, implementation, and support of financial planning systems and associated reporting tools
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Preference for understanding of and work with software, database systems, and analytical tools such as SAP, Excel, Longview, and general business intelligence applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and with multiple disciplines
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
- Thorough knowledge of how accounting entries affect income statement, balance sheet, and other financial reports
- Possesses an understanding of financial controls (e.g., budgeting, forecasting)
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Understands work prioritization and can react accordingly
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment (e.g., spreadsheets, databases and presentation software)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a flexible team environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to start immediately
- 1 – 2 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
- SAP experience preferred
- Prior Walt Disney Company, entertainment, attractions, construction, real estate, or manufacturing industry experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other business or quantitative equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.