Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 563638BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Jun. 08, 2018
Job Summary:Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages….
We are seeking a motivated Financial Analyst to play an integral role in supporting the global consolidations of Disney Publishing’s worldwide quarterly actuals, forecasts, annual operating and long-term strategic plans as well as the Publishing digital apps business. The role will consist of managing budgets/forecasts, maintaining and streamlining current financial reports, and developing new tools that provide business insights and enable decision support for both Finance and Operations. The position will also entail performing ad-hoc analyses and owning multiple projects. Performing these responsibilities includes utilization of multiple systems and tools, including: Excel, PowerPoint, Cognos and SAP, as well as partnering across functions and disciplines.
- Maintaining and streamlining Financial reports and tools
- Assisting Finance Manager with compiling Segment deliverables and variance explanations
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager with day to day management of the Publishing digital apps business
- Managing the budget and forecasts for specific global cost centers and the digital apps business
- Preparing and presenting insightful financial decks for various levels of management
- Developing partnerships across regions, functions and disciplines
- Actively participating in bi-weekly system maintenance discussions
- Providing cost center management to Global Publishing’s Creative and Franchise Content executive teams
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Great verbal and written communication
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple simultaneously
- Great problem solving abilities and willingness to take initiatives
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Appreciation for the Disney-brand
- Experience with Cognos
- Experience with SAP
- Experience at a Fortune 100 company, specifically within the Media or Consumer Product industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related area of study
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.