Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Financial Planning & Analysis Intern, Studio - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732298BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 17, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios distributes worldwide Motion Picture content across various platforms, including but not limited to, Live Theatre, Theatrical Film Distribution (Animated & Live Action), Music, In-Home Entertainment, and Television. The content is also distributed across various brands & banners, such as Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Touchstone, Disney Channel, Playhouse Disney, Toon Disney, ABC, and Disney Cinemagic.
The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis division is dedicated to providing high quality financial information and services to our business partners across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). We support the decision making process by efficiently planning, reporting and analyzing business results.
- Assisting with P&L consolidation & analysis
- Preparing deliverables including by-title reporting, variance analysis, profit-by-product reporting and franchise reporting
- Supporting ad-hoc projects
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of accounting and other financial principles
- Detail oriented, proficient in reviewing work prior to submission and able to manage multiple requests for various departments
- Working knowledge of Excel and an interest in learning new financial systems such as COGNOS
- Self-motivated, eager to learn with a positive attitude
- Team player and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required EducationWorking towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full time work availability for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Must provide own transportation to/from work. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.