Flexible Business Models Manager
Glendale, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768553BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 17, 2020
Job Summary:From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The Flexible Business Models Manager will be part of our Flexible Business Model (FBM) team, which includes wholesale and commercial business models outside of third party licensing and vertical owned/operated. This role will help create a balance of products that will evolve and extend The Walt Disney Company brand and make it a partner of choice.
This role will report into the Director, Flexible Business Models and be responsible for identifying and developing flexible business models on a global basis.
- Create analytical framework to holistically evaluate wholesale and retail business models, and develop go to market approach
- Assess strategic value and financial opportunity of models and identify key requirements to execute
- Identify new business models for go to market opportunities
- Evaluate and identify structure to scale
- Expand current business models (global initiatives across APAC, EMEA, LATAM and NA)
- Manage development plan of all new business model initiatives with key stakeholders (e.g. Integrated Retail, Product Development, Sourcing, Licensing, Creative, Finance, Marketing etc.)
- Develop and implement key deliverables, milestones and actions from assessment to launch of new businesses with all impacted / contributing teams
- Closely collaborate across multiple teams to effectively partner, guide, negotiate, prioritize, find solutions, and work to ensure path to launch is meeting or exceeding expectations
- Prepare and present high-level plans to executives and cross-functional leaders
- Determine appropriate model(s) for identified growth channels (e.g. 3rd party sales on Amazon, wholesale at Mass, etc.)
- Drive new model analysis in international markets with combination of regional and global resources
- Lead implementation of flexible business models initiatives that deliver incremental revenue (i.e: expand 3rd party Merch on Demand, key item programs, etc)
- Manager will develop overarching wholesale strategy and guide launch through sustainment of these programs
- Manager will investigate end-to-end requirements to launch new initiatives
- Working with other teams, facilitate scope definition, cross-functional estimates and high-level planning workshops
- 8-10 years’ experience in consumer packaged goods (e.g. Apparel, Toys) Wholesale, Product Management, Business Development
- Experience in developing and executing against various business models
- Additional experience with product development, merchandising, preferred
- Strong cross-functional capabilities
- Must be results oriented, highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Strong experience gathering, developing, and executing requirements
- Experience in a matrixed organization working with multiple stakeholders across multiple tracks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with teams and executive level (Directors, VPs, SVPs) in presentations, working sessions, and 1-on-1 interactions
- Global experience preferred
Required EducationBachelor's degree required
Preferred EducationMBA strongly preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.