Game Designer (12 Month Project Hire)
Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 780780BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks is looking for an experienced system and mission designer to help create new entertainment experiences at the Disney parks. This is an exciting opportunity to help tell interactive stories in the most magical destinations in the world.
The ideal game designer will drive the moment-to-moment creative design and technical implementation. They leverage storytelling and approachable game mechanics to enrich our guest experiences, while using data analysis to ensure we meet our business goals. They have a strong perspective on what mechanics and game experiences will motivate various and wide ranging audiences, will be able to communicate game experiences to people unfamiliar with the medium and justify decisions with demonstrable critical thinking and strong analytic support.
- Communicate game concepts from the player’s perspective through long form documentation, interactive and static presentations
- Create and manage the development of narrative elements to motivate the player and enrich immersion
- Design, develop and manage the development of multi-chain quests
- Design and balance game mechanics with an analytic approach
- Define and utilize customized tools to improve development time and iteration
- Document concepts and feature requirements for development by the team
- Provide testing and feedback during feature implementation and live ops period
- Game development experience in the areas of narrative design or system design
- Experience with balancing game loops using metrics and live ops analytics
- Experience with common communication tools, such as Word or Keynote
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives, designers and engineers to maximize efficiency in execution
- Excited to experiment in new mediums, try new ideas and methodically test the results
- 3+ years of experience
- Love for RPG, MMO or other popular narrative forms of game play
- Love for Free 2 Play games and the systems behind them
- Passion for all forms of entertainment and the study of their application outside their traditional usage
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.