Games Strategy and Operations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 825245BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
In this role you will be responsible for developing the strategy for and ensuring the successful operation of Disney's video game catalog business, which includes hundreds of video game titles from Disney's rich history.
You will plan the creation of new games, expand distribution of existing games across multiple platforms, manage sales and promotions, and secure partnerships that make a significant impact on the organization.
We seek an experienced, focused, talented and motivated manager who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for games.
You will report to the Director, Business Development.
- Manage and grow the games catalog business by planning digital sales and promotions, expanding distribution of existing games, and facilitating the creation of new games derived from catalog properties.
- Manage account relationships with "first party" distributors/platforms and the operational aspects of game releases through first party submissions and publishing/sales portals.
- Using market analysis, develop recommendations and inform the strategic direction of Disney catalog games content across existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the video games market, particularly for classic or retro games, providing executive leadership with perspective on the evolving market dynamics.
- Evaluate and drive new business development opportunities with a portfolio of games and gaming technology partners, including first party distributors/platforms, owning and managing the relationships end to end.
- Analyze, model and structure optimal business models, deal parameters, and terms for new business partners in collaboration with Disney finance and business development leadership.
- Coordinate with multiple Disney stakeholders, including product development, marketing, PR, and finance, to gain the necessary support to successfully execute catalog games initiatives.
- 3-5 years of analytical experience in business development, strategic planning, digital sales, or related functions; preferably in the video games industry.
- Strategic thinking and keen negotiating skills with direct experience negotiating third party relationships as principal, preferably with a deep understanding of the nuances particular to gaming
- Strong ability to comprehend structure and negotiate complex business agreements, with astute business and financial acumen and superior analytical skills.
- Excellent at presenting diverse information in a clear, concise manner with a data supported point of view.
- Tangible experience managing digital video game sales is desired.
- Familiarity with the product submission and release process for first party storefronts is a huge plus.
- Fluency in business-critical applications: Word, Excel, Keynote, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or similar.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.