Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Glendale Strategic Sourcing Internship: Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529034BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 03/15/2018
ResponsibilitiesYou will be given the unique opportunity to assist with special design and construction projects in our Strategic Sourcing department which includes:
- Performing various office administration functions.
- Preparation and processing of inquiry and contract documents. This includes utilizing technical writing skills to draft key document content, including but not limited to detailed design and construction scopes of work.
- Processing and updating critical reports for the department.
- Maintaining the vendor database including facilitating vendor presentations.
- Development of technical presentations given to internal staff, project team staff, senior leadership, legal department and 3rd party vendors.
- Act as a liaison and communicator with key design and construction vendors, which include but are not limited to architects, engineers, consultants and contractors.
- Provide detailed review and analysis of commercial and technical items of vendor proposals, with participation in vendor negotiations.
- Provide detailed review and analysis of vendor financial/commercial data, including historical/benchmark spend, unit pricing, and labor/equipment rates.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role
- Critical/technical/strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university pursuing a degree in engineering, business administration, or legal studies, with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (cumulative, no rounding)
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
- Materials Required: In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).