Glendale System Software Engineering Internship: Spring 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 690992BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 26/08/2019
Responsibilities:In your role…
As a member of the Modeling, Simulation & Training Tools your responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to the development of guest throughput attraction models
- Helping to build Hardware-In-The-Loop test beds for attractions
- Developing our in-house tools built off the C# framework
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the Role:
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Prior related work or project experience is desired
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year College or University studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or related major
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Please, no rounding) as shown on a transcript. Please upload a transcript when applying.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Glendale, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 - June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is September 25, 2019
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.