Hardware Engineering LeadApply Now Apply Later Job ID 538313BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 04/02/2018
Job Summary:Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media is looking for creative individuals to work on cutting edge technology based products in a fast-paced, creative, and cross-disciplinary collaborative environment. As part of the Advanced Development team, you will be working on fast-cycle iterative prototyping to create innovative products that marry technology with storytelling in the fast-growing intersection of consumer electronics and games.
- Weekly Calls & Daily Emails
- Coordinating project efforts both internally and externally with various project stakeholders and partners to execute and deliver on our sustaining advanced development products lines.
- Working with and managing our licensees and/or their contract manufacturers to maintain and deliver follow on products
- Working with our 3rdparty partners including but not limited to product component & system manufacturers. Will also be responsible for communicating up and across our leadership team regarding these relationships.
- Working with Content and QA teams to tune and refine SDKs, factory code, and/or physical hardware performance for ensuring the best experience for the end consumer.
- Will be responsible for ensuring experience requirements are maintained by communicating & coordinating the appropriate Online Product Approval (OPA) contacts/processes for formal Franchise product approvals (e.g. Lucas, Marvel, Disney, etc.)
- Demonstrated production experience and a strong technical understanding of Image Pass-thru, 2.4G RF, IMU, Heat, Lenses, Tray-Replacement, ID/CMF.
- Stay up to date on future HW accessories
- UX/Fit Testing (qualitative & quantitative)
- Factory Process Inspections/Review & Quality Control (EVT, DVTs, PVTs)
- Will be responsible for product integrity (Age Grading, Manufacturing Quality & Safety)
- Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of Consumer Electronic or equivalent industry production safety and regulatory requirements
- Should have experience in planning, preparing, overseeing, & demoing consumer electronics at events
- CE Wireless Production Experience
- EE (Mobile Circuit Design, RF, Analog/Digital, Low Power, Testing)
- Software (Embedded/SoC Firmware, Android/iOS, Unity Apps/Plugins)
- ME/ID (3D Printing/Prototyping)
- Factory Experience (EE SMT/Programming/Calibration, ME Assembly)
- System Design
- International travel is required
Required EducationBA/BS degree in relevant field is required
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.