Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Human Resources/Diversity & Inclusion Internship - DCPI, Summer 2017Apply Now Job ID 428913BR Location Glendale, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Date posted 02/28/2017
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build you resume. You will be working full-time hours and provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This position will start in June and last through the summer.
The Human Resources/Diversity & Inclusion Intern assists the Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) and Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) teams with providing advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices and execute on diversity and inclusion initiatives. They partner with HRBPs to work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks. They are also a point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies and processes.
- Partner with HRBP to provide high-quality, timely and professional client service and follow through to ensure appropriate action was taken
- In partnership with HR Operations, support on-boarding and off-boarding related activities with a focus on onboarding plans and strategy for integration, conducting exit interviews, etc.
- Assist in advising/providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate org charts for client groups
- Create reports and presentations that discuss the findings of a research project
- Support on-going diversity & inclusion initiatives in the areas of workforce, workplace, and marketplace
- Organize diversity heritage month events and recognitions
- Support daily management of DCPI’s 7 BERGs (Business & Employee Resource Groups
- Create diversity & inclusion internal communications and update internal web page
- Research and present on D&I best practices
- Demonstrates business orientation and acumen
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Strong service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated when interacting with all professional levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees/clients and establish rapport
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambitious environment; flexible and adaptable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Work, Power-point, and the Internet
- Experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role
- Knowledge of HR systems, policies and processes including: SAP (Display HR Master Data, Org hierarchy overview, and Display position), performance management process and performance management tools