Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781522BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
Job Summary:We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Audience Modeling and Data Solutions team as an Analyst for Advanced Analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for driving improvements across DMED’s portfolio of offerings by using data. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, you will develop, drive, and oversee new strategies to ensure the growth of the business and the overall bottom line.
Responsibilities:Help grow a multichannel advertising technology capability by leveraging internal and external datasets to expand our reach within and across platforms
Analyze complex data sets representing millions of users to understand user behavior and identify key characteristics of groups of users to better define audience segments
Balance business timelines with scientific rigor to inform decision making in a fast-paced environment
Review results from and provide feedback on controlled experiments to test hypotheses and improve best practices across the organization
Build reporting tools to enable self-service for sales teams
Work directly with internal stakeholders to define analytics needs and scope projects
- 3+ years of experience driving measurable results (monetization, engagement) with digital products across various business models
- Experience with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs, and other tools (SQL, SAS, R, etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data
- Experience with cloud data warehouses a plus
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious)
- Ability to confidently translate quantitative analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Experience building complex visualizations (Tableau, Looker a plus)
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage)
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai or other DMPs a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Required EducationB.A. or B.S. (graduate degree a plus) in a quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.