International Labor Standards SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 983958BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across hundreds of categories, from toys and t-shirts, to food, books and games. Responsible sourcing is an important focus of Disney’s overall corporate responsibility efforts. We are committed to respecting human rights, reducing the environmental footprint of the supply chain, monitoring the safety and integrity of products, promoting supplier diversity, and working in collaboration with others to meet our objectives.
The Disney International Labor Standards (ILS) Program oversees labor standards compliance across the vast supply chain for Disney-branded consumer products. The Program establishes requirements for licensees and vendors to monitor their supply chains for compliance with relevant labor law and the labor provisions of Disney’s Supply Chain Code of Conduct, specifies where products may be produced, provides for review of social compliance audit reports and the issuance of corrective action plans to promote improvement in working conditions, and facilitates supply chain labor-related training.
The ILS Audit Analysis team is responsible for the determination of audit acceptance and the assessment of the audit results in accordance with ILS Program policies that impacts facility authorization. In addition, the Audit Analysis team supports the related activities contributing toward continuous improvement of ILS Program policies and operational standards pertaining to the acceptance and assessment of ILS Audits.
We are looking to hire an International Labor Standards Specialist. This position will report to the Manager, Audit Analysis. As the Flexible Business Model (FBM) Lead, this individual will be responsible for overseeing and executing ILS operational activities to ensure successful implementation of Flexible Business Model initiatives based on retailer requirements. Key responsibilities may include evaluating retailer social compliance program requirements, analyzing implications to existing ILS operations, developing scalable and efficient processes and procedures, and collaborating closely within the ILS team and across functions such as merchandising, sourcing and the wholesale team to meet business requirements.
- Evaluate retailers’ social compliance program requirements (with support from team members depending on capacity) and analyze impact to the ILS operations.
- Provide feedback to retailer contract terms and conditions pertaining to the ILS Program.
- Identify necessary operational challenges; develop efficient and scalable procedures and processes, including the necessary tracking and information management protocols.
- Lead functional team(s) to resolve complex issues and implement operational changes as necessary.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to ensure successful implementation of retailer program requirements.
- Serve as the internal primary point of contact for all operational matters related to FBM initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may include supporting ILS leadership on projects as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has the ability to lead through ambiguity
- Has a strong understanding of social compliance program requirements
- Experience in managing operational processes amidst a complex business environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A balanced analytical and critical-thinking skillset
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels that enables effective collaboration
- A keen ability to quickly flex between broad concepts and operational details
- Strong business acumen.
- 6-8+ years of work experience managing social compliance program or setting program standards in an international corporate setting
- Practical knowledge of social compliance standards, auditing methodology, social compliance programs and related corporate social responsibility issues
- Proven effective project management skills and prioritization
- Organized and methodical in approach; strong business acumen; superior attention-to-detail
- Highly effective communicator - across all levels and with different cultures; fluency in English
- Balanced critical-thinking
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint
- 8+ years of work experience in the social compliance field with a minimum of 3 years retailer program experience managing suppliers
- Training or certification in social auditing (e.g., APSCA or SA8000 certification)
- In-depth experience with social compliance standards and program application within a business context; expertise in social compliance programs and related corporate social responsibility matters
- Work experience in overseeing manufacturing operations or industrial engineering experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage from a strategic perspective as well as carry out related tactical operations
- Fluency in a second language
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field such as International Studies, Public Policy, Business Administration, Corporate Social Responsibility, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Operations
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.