Investigator, Global Security (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 788596BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 03, 2021
- Conducting investigations on matters including: intellectual property loss and theft; personal information loss and theft; employee misconduct; physical property theft; workplace violence issues; and cybercrimes.
- Leading threat assessments and developing threat mitigation strategies.
- Partnering with other business units (HR/ER, Legal, etc.), within and outside of Global Security, to develop protocols, response, and investigative plans for workplace safety and security incidents.
- Collaborating with business units to develop proactive measures to capture and maintain incident reports and prevent security incidents.
- Teaming with various units within TWDC, affiliated companies, other corporate security investigations teams, and law enforcement representatives at the local, federal, and international levels to facilitate investigations and collaborate to promote and practice preventative initiatives.
- Independently conduct complex investigations into unlawful activity and into violations of company policies and procedures in an efficient, thorough and professional manner.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining positive customer / client relations.
- Conduct threat assessments and provide options for threat management strategies.
- Author detailed professional reports and maintain well-organized and accurate Incident/Case files.
- Conduct professional investigative interviews of employees and others, often involving sensitive matters.
- Ability to be flexible with work-hours, be available for scheduled after-hours and weekend on-call shifts in order to respond to urgent issues and to attend to the situational needs and requirements of the department.
- Maintain strict discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaborate with other investigators to conduct investigations. Work both independently and with other investigators on initiatives for security and investigative enhancements and process improvements
- Interface, as necessary, with executives on security and investigative matters.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with law enforcement agencies and with counterparts in the industry.
- Partner with other business units to develop and deliver employee training to maintain awareness and minimize incidents.
- Travel may be required.
- Proven investigative experience to include: Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), conducting interviews; locating, reviewing and analyzing data; conducting investigative research in physical security systems (CCTV, alarms, access control); preserving evidence; and producing cohesive and thorough written reports.
- Experience with standard case management systems, including entering and maintaining case documents and evidence.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in conducting Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) searches
- Experience interfacing with leadership on security and investigative matters.
- Experience in fundamental business skills; working with a budget, etc., proficiency in standard office software programs, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.), and collaboration tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.).
- Expertise in conducting Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) searches
- Experience in behavioral threat assessments.
- Cyber security awareness and experience in conducting computer related investigations.
- Experience with producing basic statistics and producing case analysis data in a standard case management system.
- Experience interfacing with local, state or federal law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in corporate structure and culture.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree and/or comparable cumulative education/certifications (PCI, CPP, CTM, CFI, etc.).
This is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of placement.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.