Investigative Reporter, KABC-TVApply NowApply Later Job ID 764054BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Aug. 01, 2020
- Responsible for investigating important and complex community issues by developing valuable sources and using the latest investigative tools, including data journalism, to expose problems and find solutions
- Be tenacious in uncovering stories to develop exclusive and compelling investigative reports
- Expected to develop investigative story lines for daily coverage as well as working investigative angles during big breaking news stories
- Source and generate leads in an effort to create original and impactful short term and long term content
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Fluent in Social Media with the proven ability to create a strong social media presence and leverage social media to generate stories and gather viewer input
- Showcase dynamic organization skills in order to juggle daily and long-term investigative projects in one of the nation’s top markets
- Prior experience as an investigative reporter
- Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Ability and willingness to use the latest technology and production techniques to shoot, write, edit and publish content under deadline
- Ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
- A collaborative self-starter
- Successful in creating and maintaining reliable contact relationships
- Prior experience as an investigative reporter within a local TV station strongly preferred
- On-camera experience working in a major market
- Strong organizational, research and journalism skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting or related field or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.