KABC Consumer Reporter - 7 On Your Side MorningsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10060768 Location Glendale, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Sep. 25, 2023
ABC7 Los Angeles is seeking a dynamic and motivated consumer reporter to join our morning team. We are looking for someone who wants to help consumers, report on solutions and empower audiences with useful information. The successful candidate has a strong interest in technology and personal finance and is adept at identifying consumer concerns, rooting out scams and helping our viewers save money. They serve up relevant, helpful information and tips, and can present these stories in a unique way. We are looking for someone who can become an integral member of our morning show team.
This position is a Monday-Friday morning/midday shift. This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Create unique and shareable stories for television, digital, social and streaming.
- Collaborate on content and new ideas, handle live news across platforms.
- Active use of social media for promotion and newsgathering.
- Participate in community and station public events
- Multiple market experience.
- Must be a strong journalist and storyteller.
- Must be comfortable handling news in the field and studio.
- Know how to present active and engaging live shots.
- Must work well under deadline pressure.
- Must have schedule flexibility and ability to work holidays.
- Ability to shoot, edit and publish
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and/or Dalet One-Cut.
- Previous local news anchoring or fill-in anchoring experience.
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Please include the link to your recent reel when submitting your application online.
The pay range for this SAG-AFTRA Union role in Glendale, California is $112,000.00 to $154,000.00 per year which follows the pay scale agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KABC Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KABC Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.