KABC - Executive ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10008721 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC7 Los Angeles is seeking a proven newsroom leader to oversee all aspects of weekend evening news and sports coverage on all platforms. The EP is an innovative, creative, dedicated, ethical and empathetic leader who is able to guide, coach and mentor our team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional editorial judgment and prior experience as an EP in a major market. From breaking news, to wild weather, to the stories that make L.A. unique – this is an amazing opportunity to join Southern California’s news leader.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated journalist who will play an integral role in covering and delivering the biggest stories of the day, but also focus on how those stories impact our local communities. The EP will be a proven leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills, who is dedicated to taking us to the next level on all platforms in one of the most competitive markets in the country.
Knowledge of Southern California a plus.
- Oversee all weekend afternoon/evening newscasts and sports programs
- Lead the way on live breaking news and event coverage, willing and able to jump into the producer chair if needed
- Must have eye for impact, relevance and moments that connect with viewers
- Supervise linear and digital producers, writers and reporters, proofing scripts and providing needed feedback
- Encourage producers and writers to use creative production techniques to enhance content across platforms
- Work with assignment desk to proactively plan out weekend coverage
- Manage staffing needs and schedules, and foster a positive and collaborative workplace attitude
- Fill in for other EP shifts as needed
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in local television news production
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of Dalet
- Management experience in top 20 market
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KABC Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
KABC Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.