Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
KABC-TV Assignment Desk Internship, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 871736BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life...
Some of your projects with the KABC-TV Assignment Desk team may include:
- Attend production meetings.
- Assist the assignment desk.
- Answer phones and conduct beat checks.
- View and log tapes.
- Transcribe interviews.
- Research news topics (including online/social media news research).
- Aid in the planning of news series.
- Observe editors, writers, producers, directors, and technical crews.
What you bring to the role…
- Interest in pursuing a career in television/multi-media field
- Being detail-oriented and able to handle many different responsibilities at the same time
- Good news judgment and strong communication skills are essential, along with strong writing skills
- Strong, ongoing knowledge of hard news/current events
- Has an attention to detail and set priorities
- Prior newsroom internship
- Flexibility and Ability to Multi Task in a Fast Paced Environment
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Major or previous work coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of news software such as Dalet.
- Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
- Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is both a remote and in-person internship.
- All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
- All candidates must be available to work 32 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet and dedicated work space, but must be willing to commute to the television studio building (as necessary)
- All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KABC Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KABC Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.